About Dr. Critchlow
Dr. Critchlow is the founder and medical director of The Vein & Esthetic Centre. He is the only physician in the region and only one of six physicians in the state of Missouri who is Board Certified in Phlebology (the diagnosis and treatment of vein disorders). He graduated for the University of Missouri Medical School in 1974 and completed his residency there in general and vascular surgery in 1979.
He has been a member of the St. Louis Vascular Society, American Society of Abdominal Surgeons, the American Society of General Surgeons and the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. He has been a member of the American College of Phlebology since 1985.
Dr. Critchlow has served as President of the Missouri State Surgical Society, University of Missouri Surgical Society, Audrain Co. Medical Society and Cape Girardeau County Area Medical Society, as well as President of the Miss Missouri Scholarship Pageant (Miss American Program).
Dr. Critchlow frequently lectures locally to various patient groups on the modern treatment of venous problem and has also been asked to lecture to physician groups in San Francisco, Kansas City, St. Louis and Chicago on modern treatment of venous problems, as well as modern esthetic techniques.
He has also served as a mentor for Dornier Laser Company and Luminus Technology, given physicians individual training in endovenous laser techniques and how to establish yourself in a vein practice, as well as training in modern esthetic procedures. Several local physicians have taken advantage of this opportunity, as well as physicians through out the state and region.
Dr. Critchlow’s Experience – Veins
- Performed his first venous operation in 1974
- Trained with Dr. Larry Tretbar in 1984. Dr. Tretbar is one of the founders of modern Sclerotherapy in this country.
- Performed first Sclerotherapy treatment in 1984.
- Has been an active member of American College of Phlebology since 1985.
- Introduced endovenous ablation to Se Missouri and region in 1997 using radio frequency (VNUS)
- Established The Vein & Esthetic Centre in 1998. Has treated vein problems almost daily since that time.
- 1998 – began treating facial and leg spider veins with laser and IPL (Intense Pulsed Light).