About Dr. Critchlow
Dr. Critchlow is the founder and medical director of The Vein & Esthetic Centre. He is the only physician in the region and only one of six physicians in the state of Missouri who is Board Certified in Phlebology (the diagnosis and treatment of vein disorders). He graduated for the University of Missouri Medical School in 1974 and completed his residency there in general and vascular surgery in 1979.
He has been a member of the St. Louis Vascular Society, American Society of Abdominal Surgeons, the American Society of General Surgeons and the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. He has been a member of the American College of Phlebology since 1985.
Dr. Critchlow has served as President of the Missouri State Surgical Society, University of Missouri Surgical Society, Audrain Co. Medical Society and Cape Girardeau County Area Medical Society, as well as President of the Miss Missouri Scholarship Pageant (Miss American Program).
Dr. Critchlow frequently lectures locally to various patient groups on the modern treatment of venous problem and has also been asked to lecture to physician groups in San Francisco, Kansas City, St. Louis and Chicago on modern treatment of venous problems, as well as modern esthetic techniques.
He has also served as a mentor for Dornier Laser Company and Luminus Technology, given physicians individual training in endovenous laser techniques and how to establish yourself in a vein practice, as well as training in modern esthetic procedures. Several local physicians have taken advantage of this opportunity, as well as physicians through out the state and region.
Dr. Critchlow’s Experience – Veins
- Performed his first venous operation in 1974
- Trained with Dr. Larry Tretbar in 1984. Dr. Tretbar is one of the founders of modern Sclerotherapy in this country.
- Performed first Sclerotherapy treatment in 1984.
- Has been an active member of American College of Phlebology since 1985.
- Introduced endovenous ablation to Se Missouri and region in 1997 using radio frequency (VNUS)
- Established The Vein & Esthetic Centre in 1998. Has treated vein problems almost daily since that time.
- 1998 – began treating facial and leg spider veins with laser and IPL (Intense Pulsed Light).
- National lecturer on modern vein treatments.
- Serves as instructor for endovenous laser techniques.
- Board Certified in Phlebology (study and treatment of veins). Only certified physician in the area and one of six physicians certified in the state of Missouri in 2008.
- Named a Diplomat of the American College of Phlebology in 2008.
- Didn’t just start doing this yesterday!
- Introduced IPL technology to SE Missouri and region in 1998. This includes Fotofacial, permanent hair removal and tattoo removal.
- 2nd physician in country to be trained in Fotofacial using IPL in 1999.
- Introduced Thermage to area in 2003.
- Introduced Fraxel Laser Resurfacing to SE Missouri and region in 2007, which was only the 2nd laser in the state of Missouri.
- Botox injections since 1999.
- Collagen injections (fillers) since 1999.
- Lipodissolve since 2006.
- Liposuction since 2009.
- Founder and Medical Director of The Vein & Esthetic Centre since 1998.
- Served as proctor for Luminus Company. Individually instructed physicians in various esthetic procedures.
- Lectured nationally to various physicians groups on modern esthetic techniques.
- Admitted to American Academy of Cosmetic Surgeons in 2007.